Once a year, in December, AYiERA iNiTiATiVE organizes the “Destitute Children Event”.
Giving hope to the children
- The most important purpose of this event is to give children hope in an environment which might look desperate to them.
- Showing the children that they can still make it in life despite living in difficult circumstances but only if they concentrate with education and make good use of their talents and by maintaining high standard of discipline.
- To encourage, inspire, mentor and motivate the underprivileged children.
- To provide platform to the underprivileged children to showcase their talents in sports, art and culture.
- To search and identify children’s talents then try to nurture and develop them.
- To raise self-esteem and confidence of the children.
- Address children issues.
During this event a soccer tournament for under 12 and under 14 years children is normally held and the outstanding players get awarded. We also award the children for outstanding performances in art, poetry, acting e.t.c. as a way of motivating them and to encourage them to continue doing what they are good at as well as to teach them healthy competition.
During the event AYiERA iNiTiATiVE normally invites a speaker to give a motivational speech to the children. This motivational speaker must be someone who was formerly living in slum and against all odds he/she became successful in life.
Read here about the Slum Footie Tournament and
here about the Youth Groups Slum Exchange Programme.